Students must present a valid bus pass when boarding a school bus and all riders must register each year.
If your child plans to use School Bus transportation for the 2016-2017 school year, please complete the registration below for each child that requires bus transportation. This registration is to apply for a seat on a bus.
Fees are waived for Regular Eligible Riders (registration still required). This fee schedule applies to Courtesy Riders only.
Half rates will not be considered for one-way trips or partial weeks, nor does this fee include a bus ride home due to early closure for students living out of catchment area.
Please print a copy of the "Approved Bussing Information" email as a temporary pass until the student receives their actual pass.
After your registration has been processed you will receive an e-mail from the transportation department with:
Or an e-mail to notify you if your child does not qualify for bus transportation.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Transportation Department.
Regular Riders: Five (5) categories of students entitled to bussing.
Courtesy Riders: Three (3) categories of students eligible for courtesy bussing.
Note: There is no bussing for Early French Immersion
Be respectful to all other riders, the bus driver, pedestrians and motorists.
Only registered riders shall ride the bus and must ride their assigned bus.
Friends may ride at no charge but must have prior approval from Transportation 604.792.1255.
Waiting for the Bus
1. Be at your assigned stops five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
2. Stay off the road, and do not throw things in the bus stop area.
3. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the door is open and the driver signals to board.
Boarding the Bus
1. Form a single line as you walk onto the bus.
2. Respect personal space between yourself and the student ahead of you.
3. Present your Bus Pass to the driver.
4. Go to your seat and sit down. Students may be assigned to a specific seat.
5. Small items may be carried onto the bus which must be carried on your lap. If the driver thinks an item will block the aisle or seat it will not be allowed.
6. Do not bring items that could cause harm. Examples include alcohol, animals, bikes, drugs, explosive items, glass, sport sticks of any type, fishing rods, laser pointers, lighters, matches, scooters, skateboards, skates without safety bags, skis, ski poles, strong-smelling sprays or liquids, tobacco products, and weapons (real or fake). The driver has the authority to deny or secure objects of concern.
7. Students with instruments that are larger than what can be contained within a small trumpet or small saxophone case will be required to ride on a specific “Band Instrument” Bus Route, as per Transport Canada Guidelines for safety. Please contact your school band teacher or the Transportation Department for specific pick-up and drop-off locations and times.
On the Bus
1. Follow the bus driver’s instructions.
2. Sit facing forward with your back against the seat. Keep your legs, feet, and personal belongings out of the aisle. Do not sit sideways or turn around in your seat.
3. Put your backpack or book bag on your lap.
4. Keep your belongings inside your backpack or book bag.
5. Use the garbage can, not the floor.
6. Do not put anything outside the window. This includes your hands and head.
7. Use a quiet voice when talking to other riders.
8. Do not eat or drink on the bus.
Leaving the Bus
1. Cross at a marked street crossing or intersection where possible.
2. If there is no marked street crossing, walk 3 meters in front of the bus and wait for the bus driver’s signal to cross. Do not cross behind the bus.
3. See the safety brochure “CROSSING THE ROAD SAFELY” on the school district website.